Monday 16 July 2012

Casual in Creepers




Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you my new Creepers. It is not often that I am seen in any footwear other than heels. I have had my eye on the creeper trend for a while now and finally gave into my urges. My wedge creepers in this post are from online store Oasap.com. I found it an easier transition to go from heels to “wedge creepers” rather than the traditional flat style creeper for obvious reasons.
 I was curious about the origin of this very popular shoe. After researching on Wikipedia, I discovered the very interesting history of creepers. They came about post World War II. Soldiers wore suede boots and hard-wearing crepe soles for when they were based  in the deserts in North Africa because of the climate and environment. Many ex-soldiers after leaving the army were seen in nightspots in London wearing the same crepe-soled shoes, this is when the shoe became known as 'brothel creepers.'  
The creeper regained popularity in the early 1970's amongst the Rocker inspired fashion scene. The shoe continues to be popular and has been adopted by many subcultures including indie, punk, goth and Japanese Visual Kei to name a few. Due to the revival of the grunge culture, creepers are now seen on the mainstream fashion scene.
I styled my wedge creepers very casually in my look below. I am looking forward to wearing them in summer with denim shorts and a casual tee. I love that my wedge creepers, like heels, still add a couple of centimetres to my height.... I'll take anything I can get. 
I have styled some 'Creeper' inspired looks for you  to reference below. All creepers in this post are from www.oasap.com  They have a variety of different styles available and are priced very well!!  I love how comfortable mine are! Check out their range of creeper's here:










Google Images

Have a great week!
xox

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post as always my dear! I love your new creepers and loving the way you have styled them. Also Thank you for sharing the history them, I had no idea. :)

    Take care, Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment as always Daniella! I just checked out your latest post and LOVED it!!!! You look beautiful! Have a great week! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox