Sunday 10 June 2012

The Union Jack Is Back

Today we celebrate the Queen's Birthday and over the past week we have commemorated the Queen's Jubilee. What better way to acknowledge this special time than to embrace the Union Jack's impact on fashion today. The Union Jack has become more than a symbol of representing the union of different countries but has become a symbol saturating accessories, tee shirts, jeans, leggings etc. Wearing this symbol adds so much edge to an outfit. I am not sure if it is the strong colour combinations or what the symbol represents. 
Today I have styled a fun look paying tribute to the Queen and her Commonwealth. I will take any opportunity to dress up in a theme. You might recognise the scarf and bag from my Dusty Petals Shop look 1 that sold out. I hope all of those people who purchased the items are wearing them proudly today. 
At the bottom of this post I've styled some looks using the 'Union Jack' for you to draw inspiration from. I have also included some of the Queen's most memorable fashion moments. 
















 The Queen's Fashionable Moments




Queen images courtesy of Google Images

Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. I love this post!! My sister is so obsessed with the Union Jack! She bought two tops just last week! Lovely outfits!! :)

    http://lillatinafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveeee this outfit a lot. would you like to follow each other?

    thoughtsof93.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I am in union jack and britain fever myself too and made a post about it as well. this year it's just impossible to avoid the births fever! I love your outfit because it has this london spirit without looking like a tourist. And of course the queen: Gosh she is so stylish I stopped breathing for a few seconds! Such an adorable woman.

    xx, Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox