Sunday 20 May 2012

Textured Textiles

 Fashion is known for going around in circles and that may be the case, however the innovation and development has always stemmed from the textiles used. It is these textiles that enable designers to set their collections apart from others. Often a signature design can be repeated collection after collection however with textile changes. An example of this would be the traditional 'Chanel' jacket. We have seen the design repeated over the years but with different textures, materials and colours.

 The design of fabric/textiles today are incredible and can be seen as a piece of art.  My mother always encouraged me from a young age to take the time to look and hold fabrics and appreciate the amazing work involved. I remember fabric shopping with her and listening to how excited she would get as she discovered the incredible and intricate workmanship and design of different textiles. In fact she would often buy a swatch of fabric she loved and go home and investigate how the fabric was made.

 Today designers are so adventurous and creative with their fabrics. With the combination of rich and layered texture along with bold geometric prints, fashion has been taken to a new level. I love to combine different textured fabrics when dressing.  I did so in my below look.  I love the clash and contrast of the three pieces teamed together.

 I have styled some rich textured looks below my look for you to reference.  Due to the quality and unique fabrics you often have to spend more money, but they are worth every penny. Dare to combine different textured fabrics in your looks. It's particularly fun to do during winter because it allows you to layer thick over thin fabrics and you can always add some amazing fur to your looks.











12 comments:

  1. You always put together the most amazing posts sweetie! I love love what your wearing!! The layers,the textures and the proportions have been styled perfectly my dear! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kinds words gorgeous girl!!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. great style Dear!!!
    SOo sophisticated<
    ~best~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree whit you!
    just discover you blog but I'll be back soon :)

    http://prettycoatbylm.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for visit my blog Laia!!! Look forward to sharing our love for fashion. xox

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit! Nice post! I'm following you now on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you will visit my blog and follow back! :)

    xxx
    http://bygthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia! Thanks for following me!!! I just checked out your blog and love it! Loved the photos you took with the balloons! I'm following you now!!! Keep up the great work. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely blouse :)

    /MsSophie from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this lace top is to die for!!!
    Great photos,specially the one you
    are jumping love it haha
    xoxo
    http://www.scarlletgs.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Scarllet!!!!! I take any opportunity to take a photo of me jumping in the air..hahahaha!!

      Delete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox