Thursday 16 June 2011

STYLING CHLOE GAVIN












Styling for me is just as satisfying and enjoyable as designing fashion. It allows me to draw inspiration and release my creative energy in a fresh explorative way. I enjoy engaging with my individual clients whilst gaining a greater understanding of their personalities. I also like to encourage every client to be openminded to discovering new style possibilities.

This week I was fortunate enough to work with the very talented up and coming actress Chloe Gavin represented by McMahon Management. Chloe has such a passionate, expressive and honest persona. I had an absolute ball styling looks for her.  
Being an actress, Chloe's ability to take on different characters enhanced each look.
 I want to thank Chloe for taking the time out of her crazy busy schedule to work with me. 

If you are interested in me styling you for a fashion shoot email me at scarfo.giovanna@gmail.com


LOOK 1
This first look was inspired by the sultry, feminine but strong Spanish Flamenco dancer. I think Chloe carried this look beautifully. Chloe is wearing all vintage including accessories, except for the shoes. 


LOOK 2

I love Audrey Hepburn and often draw inspiration from her and have done so in styling this look. I had a lot of fun here and added Blackcurrant favoured 'Chupa Chups' around the Audrey inspired round hair bun. I continued the purple theme with the addition of a delicious berry smoothie. 
Chloe wears a vintage dress and the brooch is from my own personal collection.




LOOK 3
Look 3 was inspired by 1940's fashion. I loved how women of this decade maintained such femininity whilst wearing trousers. Chloe played the character of a confident, feminine and flirty woman of the 1940's. 
Chloe is wearing: David Lawrence high waisted pants. Shirt, brooch and belt are all vintage. Tory Burch Clutch, handmade headpiece from the amazing label '2adorn' http://www.2adorn.com/  
The suspenders I bought from a men's suit shop many years ago. 

LOOK 4
Look 4 reveals the youthful, sincere and playful side of Chloe. We had a lot of fun shooting this look as we discussed the reference to Alice in Wonderland.
Chloe wears: Vintage dress, vintage belt, Alannah Hill headband, Sportsgirl necklace and Nude shoes.







LOOK 5
I wanted to portray the strong, determined and sexy side of Chloe when styling this look. 
Chloe is wearing: Gold sequins Saba dress. Fur vest, belt, necklace, ring and clutch are all vintage.

To view some of Chloe Gavin's work, please visit her YouTube Channel: 
Chloe Gavin, McMahon Management (MCM).

I had an amazing time styling these looks on Chloe. She was an absolute pleasure to work with.
 Keep an eye out for her!


COMPETITION!!!
Watch the Dusty Petals blog video and vote for your favourite look. 
Winner receives a $50 Target voucher!!! 
Details below!




To help launch Dusty Petals first video blog 'Style a look for under $100 from Target'  I am giving away a $50 Target voucher. 

To enter the competition simply vote for your favourite look from the video blog (option 1/ Option 2) and include your email address. Place this information as a comment on this post. 
For double entry post this video link as your Facebook status. Then add 'Posted' to the end of your vote.
Example:  I vote for 'Option 1', dustpetals@gmail.com, Posted.
Winner announced Friday 24th June.

Thanks for watching and good luck!!!

CONDITIONS:
You must be a Dusty Petals follower to enter. If you are not please click Follow on the right hand side of the page or click on 'Bloglovin' Eiffel Tower to follow through Bloglovin.

6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and of course you did a great job. My favorites: the 1st, 2nd and 5th look.
    Great styling.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://www.filomenascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog!
    Follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Honey, you're SUCH an amazing person, and you're jus made to be a stylist!! What you did with that gorges girl is AMAZING <3 I'm totally loving EVERY single outfit you made!! I can see your style through every set, but also you made it so perfect and fitted for the Chloe so she don't look like she's wearing not her clothes.


    LOVE it all darling!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for option 1 even though it was slightly over budget. May have to head to Target for some high Fashion and not just their cheap slippers!!! Love Sarah Whitner. swhitner82@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. alll those looks are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. this blog is an absolute dream, you are such a darling and your styling is just as suited! so happy to have stumbled across because I definitely have my eye on a few beauties!!!! absolutely following xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox